Cat names for your new kitty!
So here they are…hundreds of the very best cat names with meanings, famous associations and cat naming tips!
As you search through the cat-egories (sorry, we couldn’t resist), be sure to have a pen and paper handy – you won’t want to forget your favorite names!
|Favorite Names for Kittens
Cute Pet Names
Funny Pet Names
Common Cat Names
Good Cat Names
|Exotic Cat Names
Cat Names in Pairs
Native American Cat Names
Japanese Cat Names
Cat Names by Appearance
Tips for choosing cat names:
- Choose a name you can imagine saying dozens of times each day.
- Keep it simple. Two-syllable cat names are easiest to call out and for your pet to understand. If you do choose a longer name, make sure it can be shortened, e.g. ‘Mr. Pickle Puss’ can be shortened to ‘Pickles’.
- Don’t choose a name that you will be embarrassed to call out in public!
- Let you imagination run wild. Cat names can be witty, famous, regal, related to your hobbies…whatever appeals to you.
- Let your cat’s appearance inspire you. When you first get a new kitty, it may take you a while to get to know its true personality, and as it grows, its behavior may change. Your cat’s appearance, on the other hand, is much more likely to stay constant.
- Use your cat’s breed for inspiration. Choose an Asian name for your Siamese or Persian cat or a Scottish name for your Scottish Fold.
- Be respectful – don’t pick cat names that will demean your pet.
If you use these cat naming guidelines, chances are you won’t go wrong. And if you do…don’t worry, you won’t be the first person in history to change their pet’s name!